5 Best Membership plugins for your website: 2022 Review
Are you trying to figure out which WordPress membership plugin to utilize for your own membership site? When it comes to developing your business and making more money online, choosing the right platform to construct your membership site on makes a major impact.
This guide is long and packed with useful information, so here’s a table of contents:
A membership site allows you to restrict access to your site’s content to only those who have paid for it. Downloads, forums, help, and other types of content can all be found here.
is a WooCommerce plugin that allows you to restrict the sale of products and services on your eCommerce site to registered users only. However, because you’ll have to utilize WooCommerce Subscriptions to accept recurring payments on your site, it’s not an all-in-one solution. It does, however, allow you to build password-protected content and products. (read “What is bounce rate in Digital Marketing?”)
- Membership Flexibility – Because memberships are formed independently of your WooCommerce items, you have the freedom to create several types of memberships. This includes stand-alone products, products purchased as part of a package, and monthly or yearly subscriptions. As part of an invite-only members area, you can even assign memberships manually (exclusive to members only).
- Drip Content – As part of a drip campaign, you can easily arrange when members see your content. You may regulate how members use your site by restricting access to WordPress posts or pages. You can even set up a free trial and then lock material once the trial time ends, requiring payment to view it again.
- Members are generally your most loyal consumers because they pay for access to your WooCommerce shop and content. Allow members of your membership site to receive free delivery and other exclusive discounts. Non-members must then meet certain criteria, such as possessing a voucher or placing a minimum order quantity.
- Easy Member Management – WooCommerce Memberships makes it simple for site owners and users to manage memberships. In the special Members Area, members can check their accessible content, find upcoming access dates, and see all facts about their membership status.
You’ll also have access to services like exporting member information into email marketing tools and communicating with members by sharing notes you’ve prepared.
For a single site license, WooCommerce Memberships start at $199 per year.
MemberPress is one of the most user-friendly WordPress membership plugins. It comes with a slew of functions and works in tandem with WordPress.
- Simple Setup – All you have to do now is install the plugin, configure your payment gateways, create different membership levels, and add some products to get started. Then begin inviting others to join.
- Limited Content – Make use of the power of restricted content. User access to pages, posts, custom post kinds, categories, tags, and other items can be restricted. Keep an eye on what members can see based on their membership status and tier.
- MemberPress has a built-in Courses extension that allows you to develop, manage, and sell online courses. Easily construct your course content, automatically style your course with Classroom Mode, measure learners’ progress, and more using the drag and drop builder.
- AWeber, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, MadMimi, and GetResponse are just a few of the email marketing services that MemberPress interacts with. You can also use BuddyPress to create a forum, as well as Amazon Web Services to organize and grow your company.
- Login widgets for sidebars to make it simple for your members to sign in.
- Payment Gateways — MemberPress accepts payments via PayPal and Stripe. Authorize.net is also supported by the Pro and Plus subscriptions.
- Documentation – There are numerous walkthrough instructions available.
You’ll also get features like coupon generation, dynamic pricing, content dripping, and full analytics for tracking the success of your membership site if you use MemberPress. (read “You need a website if..”)
MemberPress is priced at $179 per year for a single site license.
S2Member is a WordPress membership plugin with a lot of functionality. However, it is not suitable for beginners.
- Flexibility in registration – s2Member has the ability to limit registrations to paying clients. Allow open registrations so that even non-paying subscribers can create accounts. You can limit your material in whatever way you want and for whoever you want this way.
- Access to entire posts, pages, categories, tags, and more can be restricted using Content Restriction. Alternatively, to attract individuals to join your membership site, lock portions of the content. You can restrict content in imaginative ways using s2Member’s easy shortcode conditionals to increase signups and maintain existing users.
- Marketing via email — Conversion emails, such as signup confirmations, upgrade/downgrade actions, and checkout behavior, can all be customized. For a more customized touch, including client names and full transaction details for your customer’s records. Integrate with Mailchimp, AWeber, and GetResponse, as well as other email service providers.
- Multiple Membership Levels – With the free edition of s2member, you can create four different membership levels. You can have an unlimited number of users with the pro edition of our WordPress membership plugin.
- S2member also includes features like common payment gateway integrations and brute force attack tracking for site owners. It also includes support for bbPress and BuddyPress, as well as content dripping and coupon/gift card redemption.
Cost: S2member’s free plugin is completely free. S2member is available for a one-time price of $89 for a single site license if you desire more features. (read Long-Tail Keywords: Why and How to Target Intent for SEO)
4. Restrict Content Pro
Restrict Content Pro is a lightweight WordPress membership plugin with all of the features you’ll need to build a fully functional membership site.
- Restrict Content Pro includes built-in payment integrations for PayPal, Stripe, Braintree, 2Checkout, and Authorize.net, among others.
- It’s simple to use because it’s designed to work in tandem with the WordPress interface. As a result, it is compatible with all WordPress themes and plugins. It’s simple to use, so even newcomers can get the hang of it quickly.
- Subscription Levels That Can Be Changed — Create as many subscription levels as you want, then give each one a price, an optional signup charge, a frequency, and a user role that users will get when they join your membership site. Upgrades and downgrades are simple, and new subscriptions are immediately prorated.
- Promotional Tools – When your members sign up for your membership site, provide them exclusive discount codes to spend on their subscriptions. You can establish an unlimited number of discounts, define them as a flat rate or a percentage, specify expiration dates, and even limit the amount of times they can be used.
- Restrict Content Pro also includes useful features such as a complete client dashboard and earnings reporting. In addition, you may export member data to third-party apps and send automatic emails based on member behavior.
Restrict Content Pro costs $99 per year for a single site subscription, which includes 12 free addons. (read “Best Web App for auto-repost to 15 social medias from your website”)
5. Paid Memberships Pro
Paid Memberships Pro is a fantastic membership plugin that can be completely modified to meet the demands of your company.
- 1-Click Add-On Installation and Updates – Includes 1-Click add-on installation and updates.
- Unlimited support tickets and access to professional customer service are included in the support package.
- Flexible Subscription Levels – There are no limits to the number of membership levels you can have, and you can choose from a variety of membership pricing alternatives.
- 6 prominent payment gateways are featured in the built-in payment integrations.
- Paid Memberships Pro also includes a nice reporting dashboard, content access by levels, email notifications, and more.
The cost of Paid Memberships Pro begins at $297. (read “Free SEO technique to push your business online”)